Handcrafted and industrial design furniture can benefit any home. All you need is some DIY know-how and some durable and versatile steel pipes. The beauty of doing your own steel pipe project lies in its quality and its timeless but thoughtful design. All you have to do is get your creative juices flowing and let your imagination run wild. If you want to do some DIY steel pipe projects for your home, but you’re a little bit lost, we’re here to get you started. Here are some practical do-it-yourself steel pipe projects that you can try.
- Steel pipe bed frame – It’s easy to buy a bed frame, but did you know that you can also do a sleek but solid bed frame that looks and feel perfect? All you need is some non-threaded pipes and fittings such as flanges, tees, and elbows, as well as an Allen wrench to get things going. Trust us, and the result will not only help you elevate your mattress but will also add a relaxed vibe to your bedroom.
- Steel pipework table – Are you looking for a spot where you can do your work, daily tasks, and DIY projects? Then it is time for you to build your own work table using steel pipes. Aside from being sturdy, it will also give your room a sleek and classy design while fitting perfectly into your space. Given that it is a do-it-yourself project, you will be able to customize its length and height according to your needs, which is why it will also help improve your workflow and posture. If you want to keep the industrial vibe of the steel pipework table, you can use wood that is distressed or repurposed. You can also add a bit of sophistication by using maple, cherry, or oak wood.
- Steel pipe garage shelves – Making a steel pipe garage shelf will give your garage a clutter-free and tidy look. Instead of purchasing pre-made garage shelving, you can do it yourself at home for a more customized look.
- Steel pipe clothes rack – Are you tired of piling up wires in your backyard every time you do the laundry? Then it is time for you to do your own steel pipe clothes rack. It is easy to carry, and it can hold about 15 clothes in a row without you having to worry about it falling down.
- Steel pipe coffee table – If you’re living in an apartment or condominium with limited space, don’t you worry because making your own coffee table using steel pipes is easy. It will make you enjoy drinking your favorite coffee any time you want.
- Pallet and pipe chair – Do you keep breaking your monoblock chair at home? It’s time for you to stop wasting your money buying weak plastic chairs and create your own pallet and pipe chair using steel pipes. It will not only be durable and sturdy, but it will also be perfect if you have a gathering at home or having dinner at home with your friends.
- Steel pipe vanity mirror – If you’re the type of person who spends more than an hour getting ready before going out, then you should make a steel pipe vanity mirror. Don’t worry because it is perfectly safe to use steel pipes to make a vanity mirror because it can hold two mirrors simultaneously.
- Steel pipe TV console – You can showcase your do-it-yourself skills by using the natural elements of steel and wood and making a TV console that can also be a kitchen sideboard. All you need is some wood screws, non-threaded pipes, a wood shelf, and a wood top. If you need the solid thread-less pipes cut and you do not have the tools to do it, you can have them cut at your local hardware store. All you need to provide is the measurement and how many lengths you need. After a few hours of crafting, you will have a sturdy piece of furniture that you can proudly say that you built yourself.